Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I always wanted to ask her...

In the downpour of spring by the bus stop I stood waiting, waiting for her to come, those were the one of the most anxious moments of my life .One bus came and the other left the stand, this chain of events continued till I had emptied umpteen coffees and lot more samosas, I saw her there she was walking in the distance towards the very stand I was waiting.
The nearer she came, the louder became my heart beats .I waited there taking her in my full view till she passed me with out noticing and stood beside to board a bus. If she was beautiful then what was gorgeous? She was pulling her hair in to a tight knot and drying it at the same time. All of the sudden she did what she always did with out a notice, she looked at me and smiled.Oh God! What was I to do smile back, say hello, ask her the question I always wanted to ask, the same thoughts ran in a cyclic order as they have done every day for 4 years before that day.


If there was an angel on earth, for me it could have been none other than her. Every move of her was so gracious and beautiful I wanted to stand there and admire .But the bus drivers do not have a romantic sense and it is during only these beautiful moments of my other wise boring life ,they arrive at correct time as if the existence of entire world depends on his running the bus on schedule.

So as my routine goes I would let her board the bus and then take the seat in her back row so that I can see her for another 2 hours till we reached our destination. This way it continued for 2 more years until my college finished. I hated my self, I hated the world, I hated the sky and what not, and I hated the bus driver who by now had learnt some romanticism.

Two and half years have passed by and four months back when I went to my college and stood under that bus shelter, I could see me in my juniors now doing what I was doing five years prior, suddenly I had this nostalgia creeping all over me and what ever ground I had gained in these two years seemed to be lost. I had this feeling if I could see her again I would ask her certainly. This was not a movie and that was not to be….

Then I saw the bus 7543 my greatest enemy till this day and boarded it to get home. When I got in to it and took my seat, I couldn’t believe what I really saw.Yeah I saw her, she was there, we struck a conversation for the rest of our journey she was remembering how I used to stare at her without speaking a word

Then I accompanied her to the house. I was getting desperate this was the perfect opportunity that I had been deprived of these many years ,then in her balcony when we were all to ourselves I asked her the question the one question I wanted an answer and I made up all my courage and asked her ..

“MELODY ITNA CHOCLATYYYY KYON HAIN “

No comments: